Gtt.org.uk working together with The Councillors Blake, Groves & Truswell Of the Inner South Community Committee, helping individuals and organisations gain expertise, practical skills and confidence in acquiring and using technology in our daily lives.
The morning of 2nd May saw Councillor Kim Groves together with members of the Love Where you Live steering group and a colleague from Parks & Countryside. The tour was to explore opportunities to bring derelict sites back in community use. The following areas were visited:
- Middleton Park Crescent:refer to housing, with a view to exploring opportunity for this piece of land.
- Rosedale bank: big expansive green land: planting 200 saplings obtained from Woodland Trust (possible site at the motorway end of the land, replicating the existing trees)
- Back of Brooms shop- hope to work with residents to turn site into allotments, small play area and community orchard.
- Newhall Road: consider a wild flower meadow down the full expanse of newhall road and building on it year on year.
- The Swamp: prone to flytipping, bonfires, – remomoval of goals , improve site
- New forest village: central parking suffering from ASB, explore linking the green corridors between the middleton estate to the new forest village.
Watch this space!